1700 Sullivan Trail
Easton, PA 18040
3421 Nightingale Dr
Easton, PA 18045
1. Parents will not be entering the building for the first few weeks as we watch the positive virus cases hopefully decrease. Staff will be at the door to take your children to their class after you and your child are both screened for a fever. Anyone who has a fever of 100.4 will not be permitted into the center.
2. Parents, please do not bring your children in if you, your child, or someone in your household has symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills or shaking with chills, and new loss of taste and smell.
3. Current CDC Guidance states that adults and children 2 and older SHOULD wear a cloth face covering or a mask to cover their nose and mouth.
4. Children may not be able to reliably wear, remove, and handle masks. This would be a good time to start practicing with them at home for when they return to daycare. Some children over 2 years old are unable to keep a mask on without frequent removal or touching the surface of the mask, which defeats its purpose. If you practice with your child a little bit at a time at home, the more accustomed they will be to wear them.
5. The mask recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Human Services (DHS) is just that, a recommendation. And while Creative Learning Center does still highly encourage every staff member and child ages 2 years and older to wear one if they are able, it cannot be considered a “requirement” (Per DHS). The reason being is that there may be a child or staff member who has a health condition that prevents him/her from doing so. We would never “force” a child to wear a mask either if he/she is distressed. Instead, we will gently encourage it until the child becomes more comfortable. To clarify, the children do not wear masks while eating, sleeping, or playing outside.
6. As for bringing in belongings from home, please only bring in necessities such as blankets, diapers, wipes, cups, and extra clothing. Do not bring in any toys or stuffed animals from home.
7. Please let us know if any addresses or phone numbers have changed so in the event, we need to get in touch with you, we can.
8. We will not be allowing any visitors into the center until we are in our green phase.
9. When you pull into the parking lot, you must call us, and we will run your children out to you.
10. When we do begin to allow parents to come into the center, there will be hand sanitizing stations at each entrance for parents and children to wash their hands before entering the classrooms. The parents must then go directly to the sink and wash their hands and their child’s hands with soap and water. We will not be using the Procare fingerprint station for families temporarily.
Our Social Distancing Guidelines:
1. Children will be in small groups with the same teacher every day.
2. Limited toys will be on the floor that are able to be mouthed. Toys will also be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
3. Rather than free play in the classrooms, the groups will be rotated through the classroom with their teacher doing small controlled groups of center play, arts and crafts, manipulatives, and outside play.
There are many centers open right now with a waiver that are successful with all these new policies in place. We feel as a center we will also be just as successful as we are opening early to implement these policies with limited children. It may be difficult at first for everyone to adjust to all the changes however the safety of the children are the most important factor and we will work extremely hard to guarantee your child’s health and safety.