Keep your kids active and away from the TV!
When the cold winter months roll around, it’s easy to just curl up next to the TV and watch show after show. It’s easier for your kids to do the exact same, which is why it’s so important to keep them active and having fun rather than just sitting in front of the TV all day. If you need help being creative and thinking of new activities to try, we can help. We’ve put together a long list of fun things you can do with your kids at home on the weekend, after school, or on a snow day!
- Create a hot chocolate station. See who can decorate and create the coolest and best-tasting hot chocolate. Some materials you might need include sprinklers, whipped cream, candies, etc.
- Make paper snowflakes and hang them up in unique places around your home. You’ll need some paper and scissors.
- Make a pinecone bird feeder and hang it outside near a window where you can watch the birds enjoy their new treat. You’ll need a pine cone, peanut butter, and birdseed.
- Make greeting cards for residents of a local nursing home, patients of a hospital, or even an animal shelter. Then take a quick trip together to deliver them.
- Draw and color a winter scene wall mural. You can either hang it up in your home, or mail it to one of your family members who are not unaccustomed to snow.
- Everyone takes a guess at how much snow is on the ground. Then you’ll need to grab a ruler and measure just how much has accumulated!
- Go sledding! Create a fun, safe sledding hill in your backyard or go to a public park where you can sled with all the other kids in your neighborhood.
- Have a snowball fight, build a snowman, or go ice-skating.
The possibilities of keeping your kids active and having fun in the winter time are nearly endless! At Creative Learning Center of the Lehigh Valley, we like to be creative with our students. If you have questions about our fun programs or activities, give us a call today.